WHEN YOU CONSENT TO USE OF PII
By using a Site on your own behalf or on behalf of a customer of ours (“Customer”) for which you are an owner, employee or agent, you consent to the collection and use of your PII as described herein.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our Site or who use an application associated with the Site?
WHEN DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We collect information from you when you register on our Site, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing question, surf the Site, fill out a form or enter information on our Site.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of services, content and product offerings in which you or the Customer are most interested, or for which the Customer has contracted with us;
- To allow us to better service you or the Customer in responding to your customer service requests;
- To quickly process your transactions or those of the Customer;
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products;
- To follow up with your after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries);
- To inform you or the Customer of other services available from us (subject to the “CAN SPAM ACT” provisions below).
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. We use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to HIPAA Compliant standards. We never ask for credit card numbers. We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your PII is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
DO WE USE ‘COOKIES’?
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your Site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
COPPA (CHILDREN ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
FAIR INFORMATION PRACTICES
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur that involves, or that may involve, your PII:
- We will notify you via email
- Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM ACT
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email (which is any electronic mail message the primary purpose of which is the commercial advertisement or promotion of a commercial product or service), gives recipients the right to have such emails stopped being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We may use your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our Customers after the original transaction(s) has/have occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following in regard to commercial email:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future advertising or promotional emails, you may follow the instructions at the bottom of each such email and we will promptly remove you from ALL such correspondence.
- 500 W Jefferson Street, Suite 2310
Louisville, Kentucky 40202
Last Edited on 2019-10-01